So what is Pupil Premium?
Pupil Premium is a funding given to schools by Central Government. All children whose parents are claiming one of the benefits listed below will trigger the Pupil Premium funding for their child’s school.
How will PP Funding help my child?
We can use the extra funding to support your child in a variety of ways in school including
* Free extra curricular clubs
* School trips subsidy
* Free / subsidised musical instrument lessons
How can my child trigger the extra funding for our school?
You may be eligible if you receive one of the following:
* Income support
* Income-based Job-seekers Allowance
* Income-related Employment and Support Allowance
* Support under Part VI of the Immigration and Asylum Act 1999
* Guarantee element of Pension Credit
* Child Tax Credit (as long as you do not get a Working Tax Credit and your taxable income is less than £16,190)
* Universal Credit
When do I apply?
You need to apply as soon as you meet the criteria listed above whichever year your child is in.
How do I apply?
You will need to complete an application form. A copy of the form can be obtained from the school office or you can download one from there site ; https://www.norfolk.gov.uk/education-and-learning/schools/school-meals-and-milk
Once completed you can return the completed form to the School office, or post to the address at the bottom of the form.
What happens next?
* The Council will check and confirm your entitlement.
Would you like more advice?
Carrie Brown, our Family Support Worker, is available to support and advise you on a wide range of issues including
* school attendance
* behaviour and routines
* bullying concerns
* financial needs
* advice on free school meals
She can meet you at school, in town, or at your home. You can arrange a meeting with Carrie by contacting the school office.
The school office is also always happy to help you.
We are keen to encourage families who are eligible for Free School Meals to apply. Even if you do not wish your child to have a free school meal, you should still apply, as the school receives an extra funding per pupil each year. Details of how this ‘pupil premium’ money is spent are available on this website.